Friday, July 24, 2009

part time work!

yes technically I can say I am employed part time. who's excited?

a friend of mine was offered a part time job making phone calls, following up on leads via telephone. her full-time position didn't allow her the time therefore she graciously suggested the guy give me a call. yes, its a shady internet based bullshit business opportunity this guy is selling but i have no scruples when it comes to paying $1000 rent people. so my job is to log into his account and make calls to people who have already expressed interest in the idea, see if they are still in fact interested and if so schedule them for a follow up call from the boss. we chatted today -- he has 300 people to call from all different time zones. i can do it right from my apartment which is killer and the sweetest part of the deal -- hes paying cash therefore its only going to supplement my already fabulous government subsidized income.

as to what ive been doing since my last post. nothing much. unemployment determination pre-interview via telephone. afterwards i took the train into the city to meet a friend for dinner. feasted at amazing steakhouse i cant ever go back to as the prices werent exactly unemployment compensation-friendly but that is the beauty of having fabulous friends. after dinner I ventured to saks under the influence of 3 coronas and made a purchase out of weakness and sadness for my plight. the worst kind of purchase however at the moment it felt really good.

saks shoe department (which touts its own zip code, by the way) is what heaven looks like. its a full floor of shoes ranging in price from $2600 to about $115 from what i saw. $2600 shoes are something i quite possbly will never own. they are museum pieces, true artwork. i look but do not touch. the sexy ones i did purchase are gold and 6 inches and glorious. the women shopping were all ages and buying like wildfire. made me think manhattan women are either recession proof or just mad.

so im off to investigate the website and made my 1st batch of hopefully successful calls. wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck and congrats on your new purchase and your new pt employment!

    ReplyDelete